March 23, 2020 —
Although the local spring real estate market remains somewhat active, COVID-19 has required realtors, home sellers, and home buyers to be thoughtful and nimble.
To follow CDC guidelines on social distancing,
my office at Weichert, Chatham is closed.
Please know, however, that our phones are still ringing
and we are continuing to partner with our sellers and buyers
during this unprecedented time.
Despite changes we have experienced in recent weeks, demand for homes remains strong. Inventory, on the other hand, is beginning to lessen as sellers postpone listings and showings to limit potential contact with the virus.
The good news is that there are certain benefits that are unique to home sellers and home buyers at this time. Many sellers, for example, are likely to have less competition as inventory declines. Home buyers, on the other hand, can enjoy historically low interest rates on their mortgages.
Although we are working remotely, we are committed to accomplishing many goals to help you and support business, including:
- Being readily available by phone to answer all your questions
- Directing you to virtual tours that can help narrow your choices for in-person showings
- Encouraging you to use NEST ME software to study and identify available listings
- Conducting FaceTime or Zoom listing appointments to review all your listing needs
- Guiding you about preparing your home for sale during the shelter-at-home mandate
- Helping you with the online mortgage application process
- Closing on properties
Now more than ever, we are assessing business options hourly and adapting to strategies for staying safe and healthy.
Our goal is to ensure your health and safety
while providing the outstanding real estate service you want and deserve.